I attended my FIRST yoga class today!!! It was not what I had planned on doing at the gym, but when I got there my VT Jenny was about to do the yoga class. Ive wanted to try it out but ya know... first times are always better with a friend ; ) *sorry if that sounded... hahahaha, bad....
The class started,
I was watching the others, imitating them as best I could,
laughing inside at the way the instructor was breathing,
TRYING to FEEL something or... I don't know...
RELAXED, feel like I was getting a workout,
(I know that's like an oxymoron, but, isn't that whats suppose to happen with yoga??)
As the class progressed so did the movements,
then...
THE WARRIOR,
As I stabled myself into the warrior position, I felt myself... become emancipated!
From all of my doubts,... self doubts...
I FELT SO AMAZINGLY STRONG!!!!
tears came to my eyes!!!
"Shooting" the bow and arrow... WHAT A RELEASE!!!
To take that emotion and LET IT GO!!
And then the relaxing at the end...
I was so taken away, my body feeling open, relaxed and strong,
my mind feeling calm, and happy...
I cried!!!!
I felt like this was the first time I had EVERY TRULY relaxed!!!
OH SWEET YOGA, where have you been?!
OH HOW I LOVE THEE!!
I CAN NOT WAIT TILL my next class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*In the after math of the class, my body feels strong and worked, my mind feels clam and light... I really like the way im feeling right now!!!
p.s. Jenny was amazing!! I could NOT believe some of the moves she was able to do... I wanna do that!!
I love the Fall Season
13 years ago

3 comments:
Yoga is amazing.
ANNIE!!! YAYYY!! I cried the first time I did Warrior, too--no joke. It's so powerful, I think, and just....I don't know. It just opens something up, and then you're free, like you said. I wish I had an affordable yoga class nearby--I really need the instructor. I'm horrible at it on my own!
What a great experience! I used to do the heated yogo and I would always leave just with a naural high everytime! I need to get back on the yoga train!
You are such an amazing person I just love your incredible example in being so intune with everything! I'm so grateful that were friends!!! YAY
Post a Comment