This was our first Thanksgiving where it just our family. The only time we've have Dom and Kayla before we were luck enough to have thanksgiving in NJ. There is nothing like family but it was nice for us to just spend time together. This was also the first Thanksgiving where I cooked! I was so excited. I planned weeks ahead of time what I would make! Here is a run down:
*Deviled Eggs, that Lany smooshing the yoke
*Veggie Plate with Ranch Dip and Olives of course
*Cheese Ball with Crackers, it was the best cheese ball I have ever tasted. I usually dont like them because they are spicy flavred. My friend Cindy Made one for enrichment and I HAD to steal the recipe.
*Hush Puppies
*Five Cup Salad, fruit and marshmellow kind... one of my fav!
*Black Eyed Peas
*Sweet Potato Casserole
*Collard Greens, Hubby hooked those up
*Turkey of course, Hubby and the girls
*Corn Bread Stuffing
*Home Made Cheese Cake, my first time making it, Cheese cake is Hubby Fav so I had a lot to live up to
*Pumpkin Pie
The food turned out great! Plus we had enough that I didnt have to cook for the rest of the weekend! As far as every one enjoying themselves... I will skip that! The Christmasy pics are from this weekend too. I tried to lighted the mood by decorating with the girls... didnt work! But Lavi really likes the Christmas stuff minus the whoopins hes gotten from getting in the tree. Some of the pics were taken by Lany and Kayla. The pic of skin is Lanys cheek, she turned the camera around and blinded herself lol. For the most part I had a good time. Worried how our Christmas will go!!!

2 comments:
Lani looks a lot like her sister. The food sounds so yumm, and the turkey looked great!
That sounds SO yummy. We ate at Phill's dad's in SLC and only brought back some leftovers to last us a day--so I'm already missing all the Thanksgiving gluttony. :) You are all so beautiful, and it looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment