Time and time again I let myself become overwhelmed by the roads I have travelled. I wear the vest of stress and disappointment like a shield in a war. WHY? Why should I weigh myself down with misery? I will find Joy in the Journey, laugh at myself, play with my children endlessly, be silly even though others stare, give thanks for my journey by living it happily!
*Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.
*You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays.
*Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future.
*They do not love that do not show their love.
*The bitterest tears shed over graves are for the words left unsaid and the deeds left undone.
*These things are important: temple marriage, mission, college. Press on set goals, write history, take pictures twice a year.
*Do human beings ever realize life while they live it- every every minute?
*Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend . . . when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present—love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]—the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.
*For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift.
* Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year, so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily.
*Dear . . . Father in heaven, I thank Thee. I thank Thee.
*In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God.
*In nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things.
Finding Joy In The Journey, President Thomas S. Monson
General Conference Oct 2008
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-26,00.html

5 comments:
Wow I was so impressed by your eloquant words I thought man my kids should be a writer. I am so proud of her for doing this blog and being so profound...then I got to the bottom. Well I am still impressed with you and love you lots ;)Momz
I heart you Annie! P.s. is there a reason behind calling Ro yoshigo?
Nevermind I answered my own question when I saw the "y" initial listed on his address :P
You answered a big prayer of mine. I was asked to speak in church and was struggling with which way to take Pres. Uchtdorf's Priesthood Session talk. When I read your blog it totally came to me. Thank you, Thank you!
I love this talk, it was our lesson in RS today!
I also love your blog, it looks great.
I I know you have a mask on, but I can tell you are losing weight, because your face looks thinner.
I think you look great always though.
Post a Comment