I would like to apologize to all of you who use to read this wonderful amazing blog. I have been not only busy, but mentally peroccupied, streesed, bored, lazy, sad, and most of all missing my Hub!!!
Yoshigo is currently serving in Iraq. He is working with the Iraqi police helping to get everything situated. I will post his mailing address so that if you would like to write or send care packages you can. The post office has specail boxes,which are 12 x 12 x 5 1/2 and are flat rate for APO addresses. No matter how heavey they are its only $11 to ship! It take about 2 weeks for him to receive it! He is enjoying the work but is still having a hard time with his chain of command. They just dont see eye to eye. Yoshigo is also getting ready to reenlist. We will be trying to get stationed at Ft. Gordon, Augusta GA, which is where Dom and Kayla live. We need to be with them!
Dom is working very hard to pull his grades up so that he will be able to advance to high school. We got a little side tracked at the begining of the year but is doing great now. Makayla is also doing very good! She studies very hard and loves to see the successful result. Both her and Dom will be staying with MomMom and PopPop Taylor for the summer. It will be their first time and I know everyone is excited. I love Bettey (my Mother in law), she has such an amazing spirit about her that I wish I could spend the summer with her lol Im very excited for Kayla to be surrounded by such amazing women! And for Dom to have the great influence of his Uncles who are amazing!
Lanycia is doing well. She has made new friend here in Lancaster and is also envolved in a ballet/tap class. She has so much fun with that and enjoys going! She recently got her first Library card, which is so much fun. She really enjoys having me read to her. Along with small stories at night, I am reading the Bible to the children and Little House in The Big Woods, by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Lavieon has been some what klingy since Yoshigo left but has slowly gone back to being the ruff and tough boy. His vocabulary is increasing every day!! He has also shown interest in potty training which Im all for!! Both He and Lany will start swim lessons in May, Lany in the preschool class and Lavi in the Parent Tot.
And as for me... Im striving! I have been changing my food habits and eating right. I have been thinking about working out more just havent made it happen yet. I have been participating in The Hawkes Family Book Blog (welovetoreadbooks.blogspot.com) which helps me to stay participating in something. I have also been getting up very early so that i have a chance to read my scriptures and study the words. I have really enjoyed this time I have to digest the words of Christ, my Savior and Redeemer. I am also still attending college online and will be starting History I on Monday. I will also be reading with the newly founded book group from my friends in GA. The book is Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I have to wait till the copy I requested is at my library.
I love the Fall Season
13 years ago

2 comments:
I'm so glad you are finding ways to fill your time. I think of you OFTEN! Know that you can call or email ANYTIME!
It sounds like you are blooming, instead of letting Ro being gone get you down. You always impress me.
Okay, I totally hate to say this, but we changed our book, because it's a tuff one. We are going to do The five people you meet in heaven. It's a easier read. I can send you the discussion questions for the group, and keep you updated. Miss you, Cindy
Post a Comment