I have never done anything sales-y in my life! I was an Avon Rep for a couple of months but I was to afraid to REALLY ask anyone if they were even interested let alone if they wanted to BUY something! And just a few short months later... I am now an Independent Arbonne Consultant!! WOOHOO I am so excited because I LOVE THIS STUFF!
Before I was even OFFICIALLY a consultant I was asked to host a booth at a city fair thingy. And I did. I set up the products, hung the Arbonne sign, and sat and waited for interested people to ask me about products that I really didn't know about. BUT... I did it! AND... it felt good! I enjoyed the interaction, the enthusiasm of both me and the "potential client"! I left that night with 4 "contacts" which in the network marketing business "contacts" are GOLD!!!
Today... I called all 4 of my contacts!! I did it! I was so nervous! NOT for them to say No, they weren't interested, BUT for them to say YES!!! That meant I needed to meet with them, follow up, place orders, give samples, be a professional!!! 2 answering machines, 1 not now, and 1 yes... I FELT GREAT!!! I DID IT!!! I made a follow up!!! I felt like, if I could call a STRANGER and lay it out there then I could ask any one about these products (by the way... why does it seem harder to ask people you know? I think maybe its the sense that you don't want anyone close to you to feel obligated. AND... you don't want anyone close to you to say no HAHAHAHA, ugh!!)
When you sign up to be a consultant they ask you, "whats your WHY". Why is it that this business is really what you want to do. Because you need to have a passion, a drive to get you motivated to put in the work! Most answers are, I wanted to be financially stable, I wanted to work from home, I love the product.... And yes!!! These are all nice and on my list but what I found myself saying didn't seem to fit the same mold. It wasn't until a week later when I was talking to my counselor about it that I finally realized what it was! First off, Here are some of mine...
I WANT TO...
fill my desire to be part of a team.
be involved in my community.
have active goals that have no limit to success.
work hard as part of a successful company.
achieve.
be part of the bigger picture.
find myself.
ALL of these THINGS I had while I was in the Army!!!! I fight a daily struggle of feeling OUT OF PLACE!!! A HUGE piece of me feels like I am Specialist Taylor! That's WHO I am! I AM a soldier! (tears now)
I KNEW who I was! I was GOOD at what I did! I was part of a team!!! And I also struggle with feeling that I let my team down!! In some way that you might not understand, I quit!!! I HATE that feeling!!
Arbonne for me is so much more than skin care, make up, and health products.(although I LOVE everything about their products) Its about "the bigger picture"! I can be involved. I can achieve and have work related goal, see and achieve success. I can progress in "rank" I can work my way to the top!!
I CAN FILL THE VOID!!
I am thankful to Yoshigo for "allowing" me to get financially involved in yet ANOTHER project : ) He knows that I don't always finish what I start but this... This is so much more and I thank him for understanding! I love you Ro!!
I guess I wrote this post because I AM so excited about my new business! About Arbonne! And I wanted to give everyone a fair warning that I AM EXCITED so... your gonna hear about it haha! I love you all! and Thank You!
Your Independent Arbonne Consultant, Annie Delight ;>
"If you dont have your values behind your will, there wont be a way".
Jenn Townsley, Arbonne National Vice President
I love the Fall Season
13 years ago

1 comment:
I'm so excited for you!! Phill's sister sells Arbonne! The stuff is amazing. Her husband had acne (really really bad acne) until he started using some of their stuff; he's totally clear-faced now. The shampoo is amazing, too. And the lip balm. Hm. You may hear from me in the next few weeks....
Post a Comment