About Me

My photo
Seperation once again. Yoshigo is in Korea. Lanycia, Lavieon and I are living in Payson UT for the year. Dom and Kayla are still in Augusta GA, and anxiously awaiting our return!

Search

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Baptism!!!

I know you have been waiting... Here, I'll post the pics first :)









YES!!!!! Lany said the opening prayer!!!!! It was the BEST prayer I have EVER heard!!! She walked to the front of the room on her own, said the prayer nice a loud, and said the perfect things!! She even said, "Thank you for Daddies baptism"!!!!! There was almost a gasp of surprise in the room when it was LANY that got up to say the prayer ;D
She does such a great job during our family prayers that I asked if she wanted to. I also reminded her that it would be in front of ALL the people, and she simply smiled and said, "I know".
ANOTHER amazing thing is that Lany has ALWAYS said to me, Momma, I don't want to be baptised". This of course wrenched at my heart when I thought of where we would be in the future when it came time for her to actually do it! But once Yoshigo said he was going to be baptised she was all for it!! :)

Yoshigo had said that he wanted to take the missionary discussions, so he did on April the 17th. That day he set a date for NEXT SATURDAY!! We called Papa and Rachel that afternoon, and by Monday they were ready to roll out!! Papa, Rachel, and Bill drove across the country so that Papa could baptise Yoshigo!!! It was amazing!!

The next day at church he was confirmed and ordained into the priesthood!!! The weekend was very calm and spiritual!! We felt so blessed to have family there with us!! It would not have been the same with out them!!

Since then... Our house has been completely different! The spirit is evermore within our home!! There is so much more unity and peace!! I am so thankful and happy, and I think maybe a little bit still in shock!!! A week after he was baptised he took part in the blessing of the sacrament. I sat there thinking, "I cant believe that is MY husband".

Its strange and new but OH SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

So, so beautiful. I just got caught up with these last few posts. I can't believe all the phone calls from school for Lany! So funny! I just keep smiling thinking of her walking all the way back to her class after sneaking more breakfast. :) And saying the prayer at Ro's baptism! "I'm verklempt...talk amongst yourselves."

And the thought of Ro blessing the sacrament and the new feel of your home. Sigh. I am so happy for you guys!!!

Rae said...

I just got roll after roll of chills up and down my arms reading this. I couldn't be happier for you and Ro. I love you guys!