About Me

My photo
Seperation once again. Yoshigo is in Korea. Lanycia, Lavieon and I are living in Payson UT for the year. Dom and Kayla are still in Augusta GA, and anxiously awaiting our return!

Search

Monday, August 25, 2008

Learning how to be a Mom

Its funny because Ive been a 'Mom' for 3 1/2 years now but within the past 4 months I have only begun to learn HOW to be a Mom. I was a soldier brfore, a soldier with children. Being home with Lavieon at this age I realised that I really missed out on so much with Lanycia. I was talking to Cathy Powell, a family friend, I was telling her that being at home is really hard and that I would take any task the Army gave me over some of the things I now have to deal with. Another woman sitting next to us said, "Well Im glad someone finally said that". I went on to say that all I really need is a schedule. Personally I have been on a dictated schedule all my life really! The woman said, "Schedual, there is no such thing when your a mom". I was slightly offended. But not as offended as the other day. I was on the phone with my credit card company updating my info, she asked if I was still in the Army and I said no. She said, "Oh your just a stay at home mom"? WHAT?!?!? This is the hardest thing I have EVER had to do. I am learning and getting better day by day! It is such a wonderful blessing to be able to be with my children and I find the most joy in maintaining the house and having dinner ready for my Hubby. Before it was a struggle to get home and HOPE that we would make something instead of the two of us fending for ourselves because it was so late. I took pride in being an outstanding soldier and now im improving my abilities as a 'Home Maker'. I look forward to the future. To those of you who are 'HomeMakers', BRAVO!!! Hi five across the room! This is a tought job!!!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh, Annie, I love you!! :) We should check in with each other homemaker-wise and exercise-wise, maybe. Love you to death!!