About Me

My photo
Seperation once again. Yoshigo is in Korea. Lanycia, Lavieon and I are living in Payson UT for the year. Dom and Kayla are still in Augusta GA, and anxiously awaiting our return!

Search

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

BAD COLD

This cold is too much for my shirtsleeve,
Go get me a Kleenex -and fast.
I sniffle and wheeze
And I'm ready to sneeze
And I don't know how long I can last....
Atchoo - it's too wet for a Kleenex,
So bring me a handkerchief, quick.
It's - atchoo - no joke,
Now the handkerchief's soaked.
Hey, a dish towel just might do the trick.
Atchoo - it's too much for a bath towel.
There never has been such a cold.
I'll be better off
With that big tablecloth,
No - bring me the flag off the pole.
Atchoo - bring the clothes from the closet,
Atchaa - get the sheets from the bed,
The drapes off the window,
The rugs off the floor
To soak up this cold in my head.
Atchoo - hurry down to the circus
And ask if they'll lend you the tent.
You say they said yes?
Here it comes - Lord be blessed -
Here it is - Ah-Kachoooo - there it went.

---Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

SO... All three of us have been sick for over 2 weeks now!!! Its finally to the snot, cough up mucus part... bleh!!!
Read this poem the other night to the kids and I LOVED IT and felt like it said SO MUCH ; >
So for all you sympathizers we are over the hump and on our way down....

Rae said...

Yum! ;D hahaha....